Claim Missing Document

Found 2 Documents

High School Students' Motivation and Engagement in Online Learning Lativa Tara; Izzanil Hidayati; Meria Susanti
Journal of Psychological Perspective Vol 4, No 2 (2022)
Publisher : Utan Kayu Publishing

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | DOI: 10.47679/jopp.424062022


This study aims to determine the effect of motivation toward student engagement of high school students in Padang city in online learning. The quantitative research method of simple linear regression analysis was used in this study. This study included 331 high school students who participated in online learning using random sampling techniques.  The Motivated Strategies and Learning Questionnaire (MSLQ) and the Student Engagement Scale were applied to this study. Reliability on the motivation scale was .922 and the student engagement scale was .926. The results of this study indicate that motivation has a significant effect on student engagement in high school students in Padang City in online learning. This can be seen from the significance value of .000 (p less than .05) and the R-square coefficient (R2) value of .545.  It can be concluded that motivation influences student engagement by 55%, while the remaining (45%) is influenced by other factors not investigated in this study.
Peningkatan Resiliensi Psikologis Penyintas Kekerasan Rumah Tangga Melalui Psikoterapi Positif Abdur Rahman; Kamsih Astuti; Metty Verasari; Izzanil Hidayati; Rifdha Wahyuni
Psyche 165 Journal Vol. 15 (2022) No. 4
Publisher : Fakultas Psikologi, Universitas Putra Indonesia YPTK Padang

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (263.142 KB) | DOI: 10.35134/jpsy165.v15i4.211


Domestic violence has a huge impact on survivors who act as wives and husbands as perpetrators of violence. Domestic violence has make survivors trapped in an endless cycle of violence, this is caused by a learned feeling of helplessness and great disappointment towards their partner while still hoping that their partner's behavior changes. The impacts experienced by survivors of domestic violence can be in the form of traumatic experiences, threats, restraints, feelings of helplessness which ultimately lead to maladaptif behavior such as having the belief that they feel helpless in addition to the physical impact they feel. Resilience is needed so they can quickly recover from the experience of violence. In this study, there were five female survivors of domestic violence whose ages ranged from 23-44 years and were still married. We measured the resilience of these participants using a modified Resilience Scale which was built based on the Connor Davidson Resilience Scale 25 (CD-RISC 25) and was given positive psychotherapy intervention to increase their resilience score. The process of measuring resilience in survivors was carried out three times, pre-test, post-test and one week after the intervention was given. Using the Wilcoxon Signed Rank Test as an analytical procedure, it was found a significant effect after being given a positive psychotherapy intervention on survivor's resilience (z=-2.032, p <0.05). Resilience observed increased in survivors is in the form optimistic thinking, increased self-confidence, eliciting positive memories and emotions towards oneself, had a new source of hope and energy to deal with everyday problems.