Jurnal Sistem Teknik Industri
Vol. 24 No. 2 (2022): JSTI Volume 24 Number 2 July 2022

Analysis of Social Distancing Variables to Prevention of Positive Cases of Covid-19 Using Path Analysis Method

Welly Atikno (Unknown)
Hibarkah Kurnia (Unknown)
Indra Setiawan (Universitas Mercu Buana)
Bambang Setiawan (Unknown)
Bayu Hari Nugroho (Unknown)
Muhammad Wahid (Unknown)

Article Info

Publish Date
29 Jul 2022


Prevention of Covid-19 is important for research in order to reduce positive cases that occur in Indonesia. One of the popular research is using analytical method. The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between work activity behavior, government and community regulations and social distancing as a mediator in preventing an increase in Covid-19 cases in West Java. This research method uses path analysis model. Social distancing variables directly have a positive and significant impact on preventing positive cases of Covid-19, meaning that with social distancing the spread of the Covid-19 virus can be reduced. The effect of social distancing on the prevention of positive cases of Covid-19 is 87% and the remaining 13% is due to the influence of other factors. Based on the four variables used as predictors of the prevention of Covid-19 cases, the social distance variable is the strongest variable that affects the prevention of positive cases of Covid-19 compared to the other three variables. Social distancing is very important to reduce the spread of Covid-19 cases. The implication of this research shows that awareness of people's behavior by keeping a distance is very important to prevent the Covid-19 virus.

Copyrights © 2022

Journal Info





Control & Systems Engineering Decision Sciences, Operations Research & Management Engineering Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering


Jurnal Sistem Teknik Industri (JSTI) of Universitas Sumatera Utara, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Industrial Engineering, was published in 1998. Until now, the number of publications has reached 21 volumes, each of which is published by TALENTA Publisher twice a year . Each volume has two ...