Jurnal Ilmiah Permas: Jurnal Ilmiah STIKES Kendal
Vol 12 No 3 (2022): Jurnal Ilmiah Permas: jurnal Ilmiah STIKES Kendal: Juli 2022

Knowledge and Attitude about Tuberculosis Disease in the Community

Inggrita Deanisa lawi (Poltekkes Kemenkes Kupang)
Wanti Wanti (Poltekkes Kemenkes Kupang)
Siprianus Singga (Poltekkes Kemenkes Kupang)
Irfan Irfan (Poltekkes Kemenkes Kupang)
Ragu Harming Kristina (Poltekkes Kemenkes Kupang)

Article Info

Publish Date
28 Jul 2022


Tuberculosis (TB) cases in 2020 in East Nusa Tenggara Province were 5,126 with the highest TB cases being Kupang City, with 522 cases or prevalence rate = 118 per 100,000 population with a low cure rate. A person's behavior about TB can affect the incidence of TB and its treatment. This study aims to determine the knowledge and attitudes of the people in Kupang City about tuberculosis. This type of research is descriptive research with knowledge and attitude variables. The sample in this study were 100 respondents from the community in Kupang City. Data was collected using a questionnaire in a google form which was shared via Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram. The data collected were processed and analyzed descriptively to see the frequency distribution of the research variables. The knowledge of the community in Kupang City about tuberculosis is 90% including the Good category, 8% in the sufficient category and 2% in the less category. The attitude of the people in Kupang City in the treatment and prevention of tuberculosis transmission is mostly in the Good category (99%) and the remaining 1% is in the Less category. Although the knowledge and attitudes of the community are mostly good, there is still a need for counseling about knowledge, especially about the transmission method of TB which will have an impact on community actions in preventing TB and reducing the incidence of TB in the community.

Copyrights © 2022

Journal Info





Education Nursing Public Health Veterinary


Jurnal ilmiah permas: jurnal ilmiah stikes kendal (JIPJISK) merupakan bagian integral dari jurnal yang diterbitkan oleh LPPM STIKES Kendal. JIPJISK merupakan sarana pengembangan dan publikasi karya ilmiah bagi para peneliti, dosen dan praktisi. JIPJISK menerbitkan artikel-artikel yang merupakan ...